What are the aims of the group?
- To use the gifts that we have been given in our Christian service to others
- To enjoy making crafty things such as embroidery, toys, quilling, collage, calligraphy, knitting, sewing, crochet, working with wood, patchwork, cards and much more
- To make things to give away to people who may appreciate receiving a handmade card or gift
Who can come along?
- People who already enjoy doing crafts, from beginners to the more experienced
- Men or women
- Those who would like to watch others crafting and learn new skills themselves
- Members of the church family and people in the community ('Crafts2Share' is one of our 'Loose Ends' activities)
When do we meet?
- There are three meetings a month (see below for details)
- Come regularly to the meetings, or every now and then, whichever suits you best
What happens at the meetings?
- People bring their individual crafts to work on
- You have the chance to take an interest in a new craft
- A time of prayer and a period of reflection asking God to bless the gifts and those who will receive them
- We see what has been made and make plans to give these things away
Who might receive these gifts and cards?
- It could be for anyone in the church or community who has something to celebrate, or someone who is going through a difficult time and would welcome a handmade card or gift.
If Crafts2Share is something you might like to be part of, and would like more information about, please contact us for details - or just come along to a group meeting; you will be made very welcome. Crafts2Share is coordinated by Judith Anderson and Jackie Austin and is one of our 'Loose Ends' activities.