This Lent, Cromer Church - collectively and individually - is taking on the 40acts challenge. The idea behind 40acts is to encourage those who take part around the world to live Lent generously through daily acts of kindness.
40acts is a generosity challenge that runs throughout Lent, created by the charity Stewardship. During 2018, more than 100,000 individuals and thousands of groups took up the challenge, creating a wave of more than four million generous acts in 180 countries around the world over 40 days.
40acts Individual Challenges
It’s easy to register with just your name and an email address at www.40acts.org.uk. You will receive a daily email with a generosity challenge (an ‘act’) and short Bible-based blog sent straight to your inbox. Each act is designed to give you practical ways to stretch your faith as well as your generosity, and the key idea is to encourage us, and people around the globe, to approach Lent differently through daily acts of kindness. These acts or challenges are wide-ranging and various, but all are designed to explore what it means to be generous and reflect God's love in very practical ways. #LoveGod
If daily challenges to your inbox isn't for you, you could team up with someone else and work on the challenges together (which is great for 'being family' and for support and accountability) or use the 40acts family resource, which includes a wall chart and a handy guide to help families complete the challenge in a way that is children friendly. #GrowDisciples
As a church, we're also going to join together in a variety of generous ways to bless our community through Small Groups, ministry and social groups, groups of church friends and family. It's a great way to engage with the wider commumity and encourage us to #LiveMission. Share your good news stories on social media using the hashtags #Cromer40Acts #LoveCromer #LiveMission
When we act together as the body of Christ lives get transformed, so as well as doing the 40acts individually we are going to come together as Cromer Church family and do one act of kindness per week during Lent. The details are just below. We'd love for you to be part of 40acts this year, alongside your fellow small group members, church friends and family, so check out and get involved in some of these activities. #BeFamily
Rather than giving up for Lent we will be giving out... so why not join us on the 40acts movement of generosity and #LiveMission
40acts Church Challenges for 2019
Week 1 - Wednesday 6th March - #Pledge
- We'll be giving out Love Heart sweets outside the Parish Church to promote the 40acts Challenge.
Week 2 - Tuesday 12th March - #ChocolateTuesday
- The challenge is to encourage people by blessing their workplace or neighbourhood with a chocolatey gift.
Week 3 - Tuesday 19th March - #PrayerCircle
- The challenge is to provide a listening ear - including an opportunity for prayer - with hot refreshments outside the Parish Church and/or around Cromer.
Week 4 - Thursday 28th March - #CloseToHome
- We'll be doing a beach clean to makes a positive difference and promote community engagement.
Week 5 - Saturday 6th April - #ClearTheDiary
- The challenge is to let other peoples' needs drive your day by offering practical help in the local community (Details to be confirmed).
Week 6 - Friday 12th April - #FoodbankFriday
- We'll be encouraging shoppers to give a little extra in support of their local Food-bank.
Week 7 - Saturday 20th April - #Deliver
- The challenge is to promote Easter by giving away free Easter Eggs and inviting people to our Sunday services.