Get involved in the 40 Acts Challenge
This Lent, Cromer Church - collectively and individually - is taking on the 40 Acts challenge. The idea behind 40 Acts is to encourage those who take part around the world to live Lent generously through daily acts of kindness.
40 Acts is a generosity challenge that runs throughout Lent, created by the charity Stewardship. During 2016, 100,000 individuals and thousands of groups took the 40 Acts challenge, creating a wave of more than four million generous acts in 180 countries around the world.
40 Acts Individual Challenges
It’s easy to register with just your name and an email address at www.40acts.org.uk. You will receive a daily email with a generosity challenge (an ‘act’) and short Bible-based blog sent straight to your inbox. Each act is designed to give you practical ways to stretch your faith as well as your generosity.
If daily challenges to your inbox isn't for you, you could:
- team up with someone else and work on the challenges together (which is great for 'being family' and for support and accountability) or
- download and print the family wallchart and work through the challenges from that. (The challenges aren't quite the same as the emailed ones, but the principles are the same.)
Also, as a church, we are going to join together in a variety of generous ways to bless our community. If you would like to get involved alongside your fellow small group members, church friends and family then express an interest in being involved in one or more of these activities. It's a great way to engage with the wider commumity and encourage us to #LiveMission. Share your good news stories on social media: #40Acts #LoveCromer #LiveMission
40 Acts 'Corporate' Challenges
- Friday 10th March - #lean - Offering practical help by bag packing at Morrisons. (Two sessions: 1-3 p.m. and 7-9 p.m.)
- Tuesday 14th March - #chocolatetuesday - Saturate Cromer with free chocolate bars by giving chocolate to the general public throughout the day! (Chocolate for distirbution will be available from the Church office.)
- Tuesday 21st March - #prayer - Opportunities, throughout the day, to pray for and with people in our community. Join in with hourly themed prayers (9-5 p.m.); the Big Prayer Wall outside Parish Church and at our Take-a-Break group; and take a turn on the Prayer Sofa in the churchyard!
- Friday 31st March - #2:1 - Buying one extra and giving it away (to support Cromer foodbank). Staffing the Community stand at Morrisons (Two sessions: 1-3 p.m. and 7-9 p.m.) to encourage others to do this, too.
- Tuesday 4th April - #stepout - Stepping out and sharing your faith making a two-minute testimony video in the Parish Church lounge (1-4 p.m.)
- Saturday 15th April - #delivery - Celebrate Easter by working in pairs throughout the day to give away free Easter eggs in Cromer town centre.
To get involved, register your interest on the form below.