We pray for peace...
- for places where different faiths or cultures exist side by side; that difference may never be an excuse for intolerance or violence;
- for those who promote terror or hatred; that they may turn to peaceful ways;
- for all whose lives have been devastated by war; civil strife or terrorism; that they may find courage and new hope;
- for those who shape the conduct of the nations; that they may pursue peace, defend the truth, and not repay evil with evil;
- for those working for peace; that they may not be discouraged;
- and we remember with thanksgiving all who have given their lives to secure justice and peace; may we honour their sacrifice and strive without ceasing to protect the liberties that they have won.
This week, please pray for peace: peace in the world, peace in our communities, peace in our lives, peace in our hearts; in the name of Jesus, the Prince of Peace. Amen.