LCM has been working to meet the needs of London’s poorest and least-reached people for 182 years and has historic links with Cromer Church.
Its 90 full-time missionaries work among schools, youth clubs, care homes, prisons, street women, the homeless, addicts, refugees and asylum seekers, travellers, people of other faiths and races, and many work with churches.
- Please pray for energy, wisdom, perseverance and protection as some often face opposition and violence.
Everywhere there are serious mental health problems: one million Londoners experience mental health issues in a year including 100,000 children and young people; only 25% of these will get treatment and their life expectancy is reduced by 15-25 years. Most street women have mental health problems.
- Please pray that the Holy Spirit will enable Christians to lead the way in addressing these mental health needs.
The vast mix of cultures and faiths present great challenges and opportunities for the Gospel.
- Please pray for missionaries to present sensitively the.unique claims of Jesus to be the way to the Father.
- Please pray that they will convey the saving love of Jesus to all, especially the lonely, despairing and the marginalised.
- Please pray for those who show interest in the Gospel but gel led astray by extremists.
- Please pray for wisdom as the Mission explores the best option for redeveloping the Headquarters building, to increase its usefulness,practically and financially for the future.
- Please pray for the visit of four missionaries to North Norfolk, two of them to the Parish Church and St Martin’s on SUnday 11th June.
London City Mission works "on the front line, taking the message of Jesus to London’s least reached." Visit the LCM website to find further information about their work. London City Mission is our particular mission focus in the month of June and is championed by Elizabeth Bridger. You can contact Elizabeth here.