Ideas and suggestions, updated weekly, that you can use to support and extend your own prayers.
- Published on 16 June 2013
Please pray for...
- Fathers who strive to balance the demands of work, family relationships, and children.
- Fathers who, lacking a good role model, have worked hard to become good fathers themselves.
- Fathers who, despite family breakdown, continue to support and provide for their children.
- Fathers who have been wounded by the neglect and hostility of their children.
- Fathers whose children are adopted or fostered, and step-fathers, who freely accept the obligation of fatherhood on behalf of others.
- Fathers who have suffered the loss of a child.
- Men who are not fathers, but cherish the next generation as if they were their own.
- Those men who have "fathered" us in their role as mentors and guides.
- Men who are about to become fathers.
- Fathers who find it hard to be warm and loving and struggle to cherish their children.
- Fathers who, although they have died, live on in our memory; and whose abiding love nurtures us.