Travelling to Cromer
- Written by Site Admin
Travelling to Cromer
Maps of Cromer with our locations marked can be found here.
Travelling to Cromer by train
There are regular trains from London to Norwich, and from Ely to Norwich. Mainline travellers can change at Peterborough for a connection to Ely. There are direct trains to Norwich from Liverpool, Manchester, Birmingham, Nottingham, Leicester, and Grantham but, be warned, the journey can take up to five hours. There is a regular train service from Norwich to Cromer and Sheringham via Wroxham and North Walsham.
Timetables, ticket information and online bookings for all these services can be found at www.thetrainline.com or at your preferred online rail information service.
Travelling to Cromer by road
The main roads into Cromer are the A149 (from Great Yarmouth to the east and from King's Lynn via Hunstanton to the west), the A140 (from Norwich) and the A148 (from Holt, Fakenham and King's Lynn).
Normal journey times are:
- King's Lynn (via A148): about an hour-and-a-quarter
- King's Lynn (via Hunstanton and A149): about an hour and three-quarters
- Great Yarmouth: about an hour
- M11/A11 junction: about two hours
- A14/A11 junction: about one-and-a-half hours
- Norwich: about 40 minutes.
Please note that journeys can take much longer than this at weekends during the summer months.
There are lots of variations, but common routes are:
From the South and South East
- M25, A12 and A149
- M25, A12, A14 and A140 or
- M25, M11, A11 and A140
From Wales, the South West, the North West
- M4, M25, M11, A11 and A140 or
- M5, M6, A14, A11 and A140 or
- M5, M6, A14, A605, A47 and A148
From the Midlands
- A52, A17, A47 and A148 or
- M1, A45, A605, A47 and A148 or
- M1, A14, A11 and A140
From the North and North West
- M6, A14, A11 and A140 or
- M6, A14, A45, A605, A47 and A148
From the North and North East
- A1(M), A1, A17, A47 and A148
For travel directions and estimated journey times, the RAC route planner and the Google 'Get directions' tool both do a good job. Other online route planning services are also available; use your favourite.